Laurie Carter Has been a Make up Artist for 30 years,including being a Key Make up artist for at least half of that time. Her work includes doing make up for Photography shoots,weddings,television shows,television commercials, and celebrity interviews.Her specialization is doing make up for high definition film and video. She also has experence in special effects work. Laurie has studied under the Emmy Award winning Make up Artist, Bianca Lucia,and completed studies at UCLA for film make up.
My desire in life has always been to beautify the things that surround me, including helping others to feel and achieve their inner beauty. I was born in San Diego Ca, I have traveled a lot throughout my life, the thing that is a constant for me is being taken by peoples individual style. There has always been a lot of excitment for me to be involved in projects that include beauty,make up, fashion and adornments. I have always been fascinated in how people express themselves in all cultures and throughout history.
"It is transforamtive in how someone's face can come alive through make up".
Summary of Experiences
- 30 years as a Makeup Artist,including 15 years as a key Makeup Artist.
- 5 years as Department Head for the Oprah Winfrey Oxigen Network
- 5 years with Disney channel for a varity of children's shows, commercials and promos
- 5 years working with a variety of television shows and commercials
- Head Makeup Artist and instructor La Costa Spa
- Supervisor for other Make up artists